PROPERTY TAX BILLS
Property tax and assessment notices will be mailed at the end of May or beginning of June with a payment deadline of September 30th. A twelve percent (12%) penalty will be added October 1st on any current unpaid balances. For example, a penalty of $120.00 is added to a balance of $1,000. On January 1st a 12% penalty is added on all unpaid balances.
If you do not receive your tax bill by the end of June, please email us at email@example.com or call the Village Office at 780-592-3886. When emailing, please include your name, property mailing address and daytime phone number.
Non-receipt of your property tax bill does not exempt you from penalty due to late payment.
• Your property Tax and Assessment covers the period from January 1 to December 31.
• Property taxes are due September 30th of each calendar year.
• a 12% penalty is added to current unpaid balance on October 1st of the current year, 2% penalty is added November 1st and December 1st, then an 12% penalty is added January 1st of the next calendar year.
• If you are a current Property Tax Monthly payment plan participant, a monthly payment is required at the end of September.
• If you are mailing your payment, please allow ample time for your payment to be postmarked by Canada Post on or before the due date.
• Enclose the stub portion of your bill with your cheque.
• Record your tax roll number or property address on your cheque.