PROPERTY TAX BILLS
Property tax and assessment notices will be mailed at the end of May or beginning of June with a payment deadline of August 31st. A twelve percent (12%) penalty will be added September 1st on any current unpaid balances. For example, a penalty of $120.00 is added to a balance of $1,000. On January 1st a 18% penalty is added on all unpaid balances.
If you do not receive your tax bill by the end of June, please email us at email@example.com or call the Village Office at 780-592-3886. When emailing, please include your name, property mailing address and daytime phone number.
Non-receipt of your property tax bill does not exempt you from penalty due to late payment.
• Your property Tax and Assessment covers the period from January 1 to December 31.
• Property taxes are due August 31st of each calendar year.
• a 12% penalty is added to current unpaid balance on September 1st of the current year, 2% penalty is added October 1st, November 1st and December 1st, then an 18% penalty is added January 1st of the next calendar year.
• If you are a current Property Tax Monthly payment plan participant, a monthly payment is required at the end of August.
• If you are mailing your payment, please allow ample time for your payment to be postmarked by Canada Post on or before the due date.
• Enclose the stub portion of your bill with your cheque.
• Record your tax roll number or property address on your cheque.
• If you want to appeal your assessment, fill out the Assessment Review Board Complaint Form as per instructions on the back side of your notice and mail or drop off at the Village Office.