PROPERTY TAX BILLS
The annual Combined Assessment & Property Tax Notices will be mailed at the end of May with a Tax payment deadline of September 30th.
Should Property Taxes remain unpaid after September 30th, the following penalties will be levied against those unpaid Taxes:
- A twelve percent (12%) penalty will be added October 1st on any current unpaid balances (For example, a penalty of $120.00 will be added to a balance of $1,000).
- On November 1st, another two percent (2%) penalty will be applied to current unpaid taxes.
- On December 1st, an additional two percent (2%) penalty will be applied to current unpaid property taxes.
- On January 1st of the next calendar year, Property Taxes are in arrears and a twelve percent (12%) penalty will added on all tax arrears' balances.
If a Property Owner does not receive their Combined Assessment/Property Tax notice by the end of June, please email: email@example.com or call the Village Office at 780-592-3886.
When emailing, please include your name, property mailing address and daytime phone number.
Non-receipt of your property tax notice does not exempt a Taxpayer from penalties due to late payment.
- The Combined Assessment and Property Tax Notice covers the period from January 1st to December 31st.
- Property Taxes are due September 30th of each calendar year.
- A 12% penalty is added to current unpaid balances on October 1st of the current year, 2% penalty is added November 1st and December 1st, then an 12% penalty is added to all Property Tax arrears on January 1st of the next calendar year.
- If you are registered as a Property Tax Monthly payment plan participant, the September 30th deadline does not apply, so long as the monthly payments are submitted.
- If you are mailing your payment, please allow ample time for your payment to be postmarked by Canada Post on or before the due date.
- Enclose the stub portion of the notice with the payment.
- Record the tax roll number or property address on the front of your cheque.