Alberta Emergency Management Agency
Be Prepared Program – Web Directory
The web page links listed below provide access to the Be Prepared programs online library of public education materials. The program was developed and informed by research and a broad network of subject matter experts, to support community leader’s efforts in building individual and community resilience.
Alberta.ca online library
If you are searching for these web pages online, simply type the name of the web page, as shown below, into the search engine. For example, type: Alberta.ca/Floods unless the full website address has been provided.
1. Alberta.ca/BePrepared – main page that includes general information and links to:
- Alberta.ca/GetSupplies – printable brochures and checklists for individuals, households, as well as pets, farm animals and vehicles.
- Alberta.ca/CommunityPrep – a one stop shop for all public education materials including a library of videos.
- Alberta.ca/EPWeek – information about the EP Week campaign, held annually the first week of May. Details on next year’s campaign will be announced in the spring.
- Alberta.ca/MakeAPlan – information to help with emergency planning. Being prepared is different for everyone.
- Alberta.ca/PetPrep – information to help keep pets safe, before, during and after an emergency.
- Alberta.ca/RuralPrep – information to help keep farm animals and livestock safe if required to shelter in place or evacuate.
- Alberta.ca/ShelterInPlace – information on how to shelter in place for hazardous air and severe weather in different locations.
- Alberta.ca/PrepSurvey – learn about the annual survey that examines Albertans’ emergency preparedness attitudes and behaviours.
2. Alberta.ca/HazardPrep – main page that includes general hazard information, and links to:
- Alberta.ca/PrepSteps – what to do before, during and after an emergency.
- https://www.alberta.ca/pandemic-influenza.aspx – learn more about pandemic influenza, Alberta’s Pandemic Influenza Plan, and what you can do to prepare for a pandemic.
- https://www.alberta.ca/cybersecurity-in-alberta.aspx – get helpful tips and learn how we’re working to improve our provincial cybersecurity posture.
- Alberta.ca/Wildfires – learn about wildfires and what you can do to protect yourself and others.
- Alberta.ca/Tornadoes – tornadoes are common in Alberta. Learn how to protect yourself and your loved ones.
- Alberta.ca/Floods – learn about floods and what you can do to protect yourself and others.
- Alberta.ca/Outages – learn about power and water outages and what you can do to protect yourself and others.
- Alberta.ca/SummerStorms – learn about storms and ways you can protect yourself and your loved ones.
- Alberta.ca/WinterStorms – learn about blizzards and extreme cold conditions and what you can do to protect yourself and others.
- Alberta.ca/ExtremeHeat – learn about extreme heat events and how to protect yourself and others.
Features of the online library
- Translated material. Most factsheets and checklists are available in українською (Ukrainian),
ﻲﺑرﻋ (Arabic), 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese), 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese), ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (Punjabi), Deutsch (High German), Plautdietsch (Low German), Español (Spanish), Français (French) and Tagalog(Tagalog).
- Sharable content. Get Prepared: 60 second emergency tips video series that provides preparedness information in an easy to digest and share format.
- Printable fact sheets, posters, infographics, checklists and toolkits. These documents can be printed and/or downloaded to share.
- Smartphone and tablet friendly content. The content found on these web pages has been formatted for display on all devices.