PROPERTY TAX BILLS
Property tax and assessment notices will be mailed at the end of May or beginning of June with a payment deadline of August 31st. A twelve percent (12%) penalty will be added September 1st on any current unpaid balances. For example, a penalty of $120.00 is added to a balance of $1,000. On January 1st a 18% penalty is added on all unpaid balances.
If you do not receive your tax bill by the end of June, please email us at email@example.com or call the Village Office at 780-592-3886. When emailing, please include your name, property mailing address and daytime phone number.
Non-receipt of your property tax bill does not exempt you from penalty due to late payment.
• Your property Tax and Assessment covers the period from January 1 to December 31.
• Property taxes are due August 31st of each calendar year.
• a 12% penalty is added to current unpaid balance on September 1st of the current year, 2% penalty is added October 1st, November 1st and December 1st, then an 18% penalty is added January 1st of the next calendar year.
• If you are a current Property Tax Monthly payment plan participant, a monthly payment is required at the end of August.
• If you are mailing your payment, please allow ample time for your payment to be postmarked by Canada Post on or before the due date.
• Enclose the stub portion of your bill with your cheque.
• Record your tax roll number or property address on your cheque.
• If you want to appeal your assessment, fill out the Assessment Review Board Complaint Form as per instructions on the back side of your notice and mail or drop off at the Village Office.
PROPERTY TAX PAYMENT INFORMATIONTerms and Conditions
• Cheques not honoured by your financial institution will be subject to applicable charges.
• A Canada Post postmark will be honoured as payment date. If the postmark is absent or illegible, the date received at the Village of Innisfree Office will be considered the payment date.
METHODS OF PAYMENTPayments can be made at most chartered banks, trust companies, credit unions, and ATB Financials.
Via Internet or Telepayment:
Please be aware of your banks policies regarding the effective date of payment. It is very important to confirm your current property roll number is the one registered on your bill payment menu. The tax roll number is linked to the property, if you have moved; the new roll number must be referenced on your bill menu.
Receipts will be issued for payments received through online banking. Should have not received a receipt via Canada Post, please contact the Village Office. Also note that an individual payment is required for each tax roll number. Over payments on individual accounts will not be automatically refunded.
Via Your Mortgage Company:
If you pay PIT (Principle, Interest, and Taxes) to a mortgage company, the company gets an invoice for your taxes and you receive the original tax bill for your records. The name of the company being invoiced appears on the bill. If you believe you are paying PIT but the mortgage company name does not appear on the bill, contact your mortgage company immediately.
If a mortgage company is named on your bill but is no longer responsible for your tax payment, you are responsible for paying the taxes on or before the due date to avoid penalty.
Pay In Person:Village of Innisfree Administration Office – 5116-50 Avenue, Innisfree AB T0B 2G0, between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday. Interac debit card, Visa and MasterCard are accepted as method of Payment.
Village of Innisfree Administration Office – 5116 – 50 Avenue, PO Box 69, Innisfree Alberta T0B 2G0 between 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
Pay by Mail:
• Send a cheque or money order payable to "Village of Innisfree" to PO Box 69, Innisfree Alberta T0B 2G0. Do not mail cash!
• Write your roll number or your property address on the cheque and enclose the return portion of your tax bill.
• Please ensure your cheque is signed and completed accurately, as the Village of Innisfree is not responsible for errors and/or omissions.
• The envelope must be post-marked by Canada Post on or before the due date to avoid late payment penalties.
** The Village of Innisfree will accept post-dated cheques for the payment of Property Taxes, but to avoid penalty the cheque must be dated August 31 of the current year.
CHANGE OF MAILING ADDRESS
Please send changes of address to:
Village of Innisfree
PO Box 69
As well, be sure to advise the Provincial Land Title Office to ensure your correct mailing address is recorded on the Certificate of Title. Mail your change of mailing address along with the legal description of your property, as shown on your tax bill and your signature, to:
Land Title Office
PROPERTY TAX MONTHLY PAYMENT PLAN
Property Tax Monthly Payment Plan in which taxpayers make monthly payments for property taxes. Payments may be made by signing a contract and leaving post-dated cheques at the Village Administration Office, by paying at the bank or by coming in once a month and paying by cash, cheque, debit or visa! Each year after taxes are levied, the monthly payments will be adjusted based on the current years taxes. *Notices will be sent out via mail*
Request Application for Payment Plan:
• Send an email to Brooke Yaremchuk at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Download the form/ Pre-Authorized Payments Form
• Fax your request to 780-592-3729
• Phone 780-592-3886
• The plan commences January 1st of each year providing all taxes and penalties are paid on or before December 31st of the preceding year. You can join up any time by paying the missed installments from January 1st. When a property enrolled on the monthly payment plan is sold, the purchaser can apply to continue on the payment plan or pay the balance in full.
SELLING YOUR PROPERTY?
To terminate your monthly payment plan participation for any reason, including sale, please contact the Village Administration Office at 780-592-3886 or via email email@example.com